"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Pittsburgh

It was very difficult to watch Detroit lose the Stanley Cup tonight. I can't even begin to tell you how painful it is. I even regret having watched the Final.
.
But as a hockey fan, I have to congratulate the Penguins. The Stanley Cup is hard won, and the winning team deserves our utmost respect and congratulations. (Although I am convinced Fleury was replaced by a mutant impostor tonight in game 7. I hope there is an investigation.)

5 comments:

  1. Hubby won $70 in a bet. He was rooting for the Penguins. Me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't realize you were a hockey fan but I'm sorry to say this year may have been your last chance for a while, Terry. The future Cups will be held in Washington...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still in mourning. I wear my Red Wing t-shirts inside-out. I have hung my Red Wing banners upside-down. I have nothing left to live for. The depth of my pain is infinite, the weight of my sorrow intoler....oh look! A bag of Cheetos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear of your loss, not. ;>
    Signed, living with happy Pens fans

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan - those guys really played a good game - it was awesome to watch.

    Larry - I'm so over Detroit now.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.