"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Friday, May 01, 2009

May Day

Today is First Friday and the feast of St. Joseph.
.
You knew that though. St. Joseph the Worker is my special patron, not just for this year, but always, I have a particular devotion to him and he for me.
.
People ask me, why do I post the things I do? I'm not sure. I post about things I know for sure, as well as stuff I've learned. I post about things that trouble me and possibly trouble others. I post about stuff most people would not. I post about lies and liars and phonies and pretenders - in order to uncover the truth. People who pretend don't like that. Sounds like a grand scheme for an ignorant little man, doesn't it? It is, and I fear I will never become humble.
.
Anyway, I just write what comes to mind, and believe it or not, there is a story there, a continuum, and it all is fit to be burned.
.
Art: Burning Furnace of Charity - T. Nelson, oil on paper

7 comments:

  1. michael r.11:14 AM

    Stiking painting! It's one of my favorites of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have extra-special company in from Ohio, some of whom are staying here, so I forgot it was First Friday, and I forgot it was St. Joseph the Worker's day. Forgot? Ugh. I don't know why I don't just fling myself off the Boat and go dance around trees or something. Oh, well - it's not like Jesus or Joseph aren't used to this from me. Thank you for the reminders, Terry --perhaps part of the day will be spiritually salvaged now.

    And ohmygoodness, what a painting.. I am blown away by it. Exquisite, powerful, oh.. what talents you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sacred Heart image...would love to see such with a fuller image of Jesus. Sacred Heart devotion is everything to me but I just can never find an image that touches me...though I bet any money that you could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that painting.
    This really competes with Matt Talbot as my favorite.
    Did you sell this?
    I wish you a very happy month of May!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the painting and I love the name - I keep repeating it over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that picture, Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you posted this.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.