"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter


It still is.
.
Something happened to me during Lent - I don't know how to explain it. Wish I could - but I can't. It is kind of eerie however... I feel as if I lost all my supports... spiritual supports that is... think crutches. I feel as if I'm in a sort of mist-laden, foggy, dark forest, and I lost my copy of the Philokalia... but I'm not worried. Although I sense I am still this solitary bird - tethered by a nearly invisible bird line, and therefore I'm not entirely free.
.
Anyway. Friends have asked me about my Easter, I suppose because I didn't post anything about it. I noticed everyone else posted lovely He is Risen posts, but I didn't simply because I was offline, and enjoying it, and because I knew all my readers already knew He is risen, and I didn't have anything to add to that. In fact, I knew He is risen on Holy Thursday while I painted my way through the time for Mass. I knew He is risen as I sat deeply moved during the Good Friday liturgy at the Cathedral. Throughout Lent, even during Advent, all year in fact - I knew He is risen.


.


That is what being a Christian is all about actually - the Christian actually knows Christ is God and that He is risen - as Catholics, we recognize Him in the breaking of the bread, the Eucharist - He is (always) risen.
.

Happy Easter.


4 comments:

  1. Nice "D'uh" post, hon!

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture. I agree, this Lent was odd. Satan is hanging out, and seemed to try to creep in a little harder this Lent. But we have Jesus as our main support.

    Taking time to reflect on Easter instead of bloging--a very good option Terry!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.