Monday, November 17, 2008

The collection is finished.



"Compartments" A collection of paintings by Terrance Nelson

.

I think the exhibit is finished - I may do 2 more paintings - otherwise, the collection is done. However, the work needs to cure before I can scan the pieces - I'm not sure if I'll include drawings - I'd have to have them scanned off-site due to their size. If time allows...

.

I also need to pick out the wines and champagne for the opening, as well as plan the menu. Select the music, and so on. I'll just be wearing jeans and a t-shirt and jacket - but the actual opening is black tie optional. I can't wait. The show will have its preview and press opening November 26, at 6 PM, and will be open to the public Thanksgiving Day.
.
Art: Detail, "Compartments: Cells" - Crayon on paper, 2008. (Not included in the show.) Image removed.

9 comments:

  1. Terry,

    How can we obtain a copy of the catalog for your show? Your work is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could I wear my Santa Claus tie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - Wear the Santa tie.

    Belinda - the blog is proof my life is so not fun.

    Digi - I guess the post - err - online show will double as a catalog. BTW - Thanks for the compliment - two close friends told me today they like my old work better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Okay Terry food is my thang, and I would recomend hum... mini crab cakes, with a nice crab sauce drizzled over the tops sitting on sliced
    (1/2")itallian bread"


    I want that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vincenzo - I want that too. The only thing real about the gallery show will be the art - I wish there was food and drinks.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.