"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Sunday, June 01, 2008

I had visitors today.



Yes I did.

.

My (es)strange(d) son (Little Freak) and his wife and daughter. Yes. I let them come into the back yard. Yes, we sat under the umbrella and visited; we laughed and talked. It was quite nice and rather normal - they were not at all afraid. Then I asked them to leave.

8 comments:

  1. Georgette6:12 AM

    "Then I asked them to leave."

    ~LOLLLL Go read Elena Maria's post on etiquette, Ter. You may need to brush-up just a bit. ;-)


    Son -- is this in the spiritual sense, or the biological?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No biological children from me...

    Anyway - he used to work for me and I'm just a pretend dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are hysterical Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are without a doubt the weirdest person I know. You always make me laugh - which tells you how sick I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie and Adrienne - I take your comments as high praise. I'm not worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having a bit of a social phobia myself--hey if people just left less than ten minutes after they arrive, we would not have to ask them to leave--sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. terryg11:15 AM

    Terry,

    He is such a nice kid. I am happy to here that they have a daughter now!

    Theresa G.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.