"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Before Juno and that other film Catholics were so hot for...

We had our little Catholic girl, Madonna with her pro-life message!


  1. I was in 7th grade when this song came out.

  2. Omigosh! Tom! So was I!

  3. Anonymous10:11 AM

    Ya know , Terry,her video was pro-life, but a little lacking.

    I would say that the young girl should have given the baby life, and then given the baby over to a stable married couple to raise.

    That is really pro-life.

    Theresa G (former co-worker at Leaflet)

  4. Sorry to say, but if Madonna had really believed in "keeping her babies," she'd have a baker's dozen by now. I hope she finds her way.

  5. Why Monica! I'm surprised! Your comment almost sounds bitchy and nasty, as if you don't like Madonna.

  6. Why Terry! I certainly can see how it came across that way, but I think that was what you were kinda implying anyway. Her life is very sad and I can't imagine living with the thought of aborting about a dozen babies...like your post about that artist who recently committed suicide after aborting her babies. I think she carries a heavy cross.

    BTW: I didn't give up bitchy and nasty for Lent this year.

  7. I forgot to do LOL! Of course I was being facetious.

    And just between you and me, I don't think you are really bitchy and nasty at all. (But Cathy is.)



Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.