Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Quote of the day...



"The theological problems of the modern age are nowhere near as serious as those of the Patristic era."*

That's good news.

However, it may come as a shock to those traditionalists who compare the Church and the bishops of our times to those around during the Arian heresy...  I've heard the comparison quite often from faithful 'dissidents' who would oppose Peter 'to his face'.  Only a few days ago I came across the following comment elsewhere:
"I'd like to offer this encouragement from St. Athanasius to those who assist at SSPX Masses. The letter below was written to those Catholics who suffered under the Arians, seeing ecclesiastical authority and church buildings overtaken by these heretics..."
"Even if Catholics faithful to tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ." - (Coll. Selecta SS. Eccl. Patrum. Caillu and Guillou, Vol. 32, pp 411-412).
 
* But what about:  Save the ____, Save the world?
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I do consider myself a Traditionalist because I love the Latin Mass. But I could not agree more with you, Terry.

    I did a search and found the blog you were referring to, one which many Traditionalists read faithfully every day.

    There are many comments there that are very disturbing, all put there by people who truly consider themselves to be good and faithful Catholics, and yet see nothing wrong with railing against the Magesterium of the Church.

    There was one other comment that spoke volumes:

    I am not a fan of the SSPX but I would like to know what heresies the SSPX holds. To my mind they hold no heresies. The rejection of Vatican II (which defined no new doctrine) surely does not make one a heretic. If the SSPX holds to the Faith before the Council (which they seem to do) then how can their be "doctrinal" issues? Very odd.

    The person has no recognition of the complete contradiction in his statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, Thanks for understanding the post. I have nothing at all against the Traditional Mass nor the proper celebration of the Novus Ordo. I was trained as an altar boy to serve at the Traditional Mass - I still know my responses. I can still sing the Mass of Our Lady.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.