If I haven't made it clear before, I will do so now.
If only to watch my Followers app collapse and my stats hit zero.
I will vote Yes on the Marriage Amendment because I am all for protecting marriage and children. I am also against same sex marriage. Why?
- Same sex couples can not be married. Though it is a sin, they can sleep together. They maybe can live together, love each other without sin - but their parts do not fit together to make a baby. I once said to an abuser who tried to kiss me: "Men don't kiss each other!" I found out they do. They still can't be married. Even if a civil law is changed, and they 'legally' marry - they still cannot be married in truth - it is still just a civil union - not a real marriage. They can't redefine marriage to suit their preferences and circumstances.
- Homosexual acts are gravely immoral. Which is also why I am against same sex adoption - children are corrupted by immorality.
- Selfish self-indulgence and exaggerated self-love blind people into believing otherwise.
On a lighter note.
Non-religious reasons why gays should not get married.
- Adds to the guilt. If you choose to be monogamous that is. One thing most gays cannot be is monogamous - unless they share. One partner might be faithful, but it is very rare for gay men to remain faithful. If they do manage to be 'faithful' then they probably use porn. If, God forbid, they get kids, porn is like a gun in the house for kids - as well as their souls.
- Marriage can be a ball and chain after the wedding show and reception and the honeymoon period - especially without alcohol and anti-depressants. The couple runs into performance issues, attractiveness issues, frequency issues - talking about sex here.
- Unequally yoked. Big problem for men. Don't couple down - one will always be 'less than'. Outside of boredom, it is one of the main reasons men cheat. All men encounter some level of feeling inadequate in their lives, but in same sex relationships the problem is pretty much always there under the radar. Watch Modern Family. Although a better example may be Hollywood/celebrity marriages - the successful actor and the less successful partner - the marriage often falls apart. Even if you both are successful and rich - one of you wants to be king. Gay pride has no room for humility - unless you're into discipline and bondage.
- Hollywood pretty much mirrors everything that most gay partnerships are. Drama, glitz, glamour, unrealistic expectations, fantasy perfection, and anti-depressants... dramatic split-ups, multiple marriages, on and on.
- We can't redefine marriage to suit any groups preferences and circumstances.
Please don't hate me because I'm homophobic - Shirley, I don't hate you.
"Somethin's wrong with the plumbing, you say?"