"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Huge Gasline break in South Minneapolis.

It is only  3 blocks from my house, flames shooting at least 150 feet in the air.  It happened about 8:30 AM.  I did not hear the explosion but saw the flames.  They are evacuating the neighborhood - the school across the street is being evacuated right now as I write.  An officer just rang my door bell a few moments ago and said to evacuate the neighborhood.  I'm not going any place.  I'll keep you updated.
.
(I wonder if this was part of any prophecies?  What?)

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:17 AM

    Terry---Get OUT of there. Be safe.

    Rick C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rick - they shut off the feed now and the fire is pretty much out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Stay safe, Terry...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to think of something funny to say but I can't!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They just lifted the evacuation at 11AM.

    I'm suing. Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I told you to cut down on the burritos!

    Glad you're safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's a gas main explosion and you keep blogging. Talk about obsession lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't understand how it could have taken them 90 minutes to shut off the gas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ray - they were on break so they couldn't get to it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Obviously union employees, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, Terry. Lord, Never a dull moment,huh?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Didn't realize you lived so close to the area - caught it on the news about mid-morning. I know that area well - used to shop at that Cub Foods.

    It truly is a miracle no one was injured - the area of the explosion is only a couple blocks from 35W freeway access (unless that's no longer there due to the 35/Crosstown redesign)

    Fox9 had footage of the actual explosion seconds after a couple cars passed over it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are safe :)

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adoro - it is a miracle because it is such a busy area. I'm 2 blocks north and 2 blocks west. I could see flames shooting in the air over Windom school - it was freaky. I suppose it would have been prudent to have evacuated - I never thought that natural gas could come in through the sewer line.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.