"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Monday, September 07, 2009

More favorite endings...

Labor Day signals the end of summer in these parts. I love good endings - and I don't always mean the happily ever after endings either. Some endings are sad. Other endings are really beginnings... although we never find out how it ends.
From Klute:
Bree Daniels: "I have no idea what's going to happen. (Pause.) I just can't stay in the city, you know? (Pause.) Maybe I'll come back... (Long pause.) You'll probably see me next week."


  1. Nooooo! I don't want Summer to end!

  2. Aurora6:41 PM

    From The Road - movie release set for 10/09.

    "Can I ask you something? he said.
    Yes. Of course.
    Are we going to die?
    Sometime. Not now."
    The Road
    Conversation between boy and his father.

  3. Terry - is this meant to be autobiographical?

  4. Aurora12:06 AM

    Come back, little Sheba.

  5. I've had a few people asking me where you are....so...where ARE you? We MISS you!

  6. Larry - no. ;)
    Aurora - I love that ending.
    Cathy - I know.
    Angie - I've been here - just offline - for a whole week.


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.