Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wish I had said that.


Oh! I did!
.
Our Word is a terribly respectable blog, usually found on highly esteemed blogrolls, written by genuinely ardent Catholics (unlike some people, they would never use that term themselves). In fact Our Word was once a strictly Catholic blog, but I suppose one could say the blog owners branched out, becoming even more catholic; in effect, offering a decidedly Catholic point of view and commentary upon contemporary culture, politics and the arts.
.
The real life authors post well composed articles dealing with opera, popular culture, literary works, cinema, Broadway, news headlines, as well as Catholic interests, and sports stuff that I don't get. Omigosh! They write political commentary too. Their posts are frequently without pictures, so I haven't a clue as to what they are about unless I recognize names such as Ethel Merman or Fred Astair or Helena Rubenstein - I wonder what happened to her? Maybe that will be my next post if they ask me back. But be forewarned, some of their posts can be dense - I know because I count all the words - their word(s) - and quite honestly, there are usually more than I can handle. Except for when they do a post titled "Wish I'd said that" - it's usually a pithy quote from someone well known - really easy to read, and I sometimes get it too.
.
Anyway. Judith's husband Mitchell asked me to contribute something to their wonderfully enjoyable, yet hi-brow blog, and I did. (They're slumming again!) Please check it out, it is all about Red Carpet Kulture - well sort of - the blog format contains lots of red. (I know, makes no sense.) Sorry - no photos, you will just have to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.