"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

True confessions...


Three things you may not have known about me and my family.

#1) I always think of dogs as boys, and cats as girls.

#2) My one cat was married before - well... she had children.

#3) My parents were married by a Justice of the Peace, but they posed for wedding photos on the steps of the Cathedral.

8 comments:

  1. Re: #1...I thought I was the only one who did that!

    Hubby and I posed on the steps of his family parish church after we were married civilly but before we were married in our own parish. I can't wait to go to Rome LOL!(I'll be wearing a white dress and veil the day we go to St. Peter's LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie - LOL! In Rome you guys will look just like the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Number 3 sounds like something straight from a Seinfeld episode! LOL!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, I found the poem and it's called the Art of Disappearing by Naomi Shihab Nye.

    Thanks for posting it!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terry, I LOVE white cats! I've had two of them - one was "Gumby" and the other was "Frosty."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I am a contrarian. I've only owned cats and they were always male, so I think of all cats as boys. Hubby's family had dogs and they were always female, so think of dogs as girls :)

    My brother practically insists that I need to check into seeing if I'm really married since I was merely married in a Catholic Church by a Catholic priest, before God and all. In Switzerland, according to him, only civil marriages are recognized. After all these years I'm in a common law marriage anyway, yee ha! An honest woman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terry: Re #2: I know! It was a big scandal. She was "with" Triumph the Insult Comic Dog! It was in all the papers! Terrible, terrible.

    Angela: I'd love to see you (in a white dress) and your hubby in photos from Rome. I think you should try and go.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.