Monday, January 28, 2013

It's about time file: President to crack down on irresponsible behavior.



I know!

Last week I watched a segment from Tavis Smiley and his interview with Coretta Scott King.  Mrs. King (+2006) said one of our problems today is that we have no moral leader.  She was speaking in reference to a moral leader such as her husband - which he surely was in the non-violent movement  for Civil Rights.  In speaking of our nation, I believe Mrs. King's words to be prophetic, we do indeed lack a moral leader for our time.

Unfortunately, Mr. Obama's pledge in his weekly radio address this past Saturday, to crack down on irresponsible behavior, misses.  He's talking about Wall Street and the free market of course - making regulations and policing financial institutions.  Although it seems to me, he's more about the state controlling people and institutions than he is about traditional morality.

Irresponsible behavior is 47+ million children exterminated in 40 years.  Put some controls on that.

Gun control, just to save one child, certainly is not moral leadership.  It seems to me that really is hypocrisy.

Alas - this country lacks moral leadership.

1 comment:

  1. A bit off topic, but I was watching Bill Moyers on Sunday and he had 2 women guests advocating Planned Barrenhood and they were gushing - yes gushing - over how wonderful Roe v. Wade was and how dangerous so-called pro-lifers are. They were outright lying about how pro-lifers do nothing to help the woman, especially after birth of the child, etc. You get the drift. Watching Moyers do that partially-cocked head and bemused smile with quizzical look to portray how "hmmm" he was taking it all in and how educated they are, oh aren't we so wondeful pontificating about our advancements and those insane religious radicals out to steal our rights need to be shunned ... omgosh I have to collect myself.

    Anyway, I my point is: where are all the sane pro-life leaders on TV giving their interviews? Talking on EWTN is fine but what about reasoned conversation on other outlets?

    Call me pollyanna.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.