See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient with it until it receives the early and the late rains. - James 5:7

Monday, June 08, 2009

Unemployment on the rise.

If they say death is the great equalizer I think joblessness is a close second. I'm hearing more and more stories of friends, and friends of friends who have lost their jobs. One couple with 6 children have been without income for over a year, and just recently they have lost their house.
.
The Great Depression took a little time before people realized its scope too.

2 comments:

  1. It has been said that the difference between a recession and a depression is that in a recession other people lose their jobs; while in a depression I lose my job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so very bad.
    I stopped by Catholic charities for a visit , and the place was PACKED. I was stunned. The front staff were calm, but the workers in the back were panicky. They were the ones filling the orders for food.
    As soon as my job was done, clients were taking bread, and clothing off of the shelves as soon as it was put up.

    Seriously , I am frightened. But trusting in Jesus.
    ...................................
    It really ticks me off that poor people are picky. They refuse Panera bread , and will do without because they have to have that nasty wonder bread. Oh it burns me up when it gets thrown away.

    We are all going to have to re-examine our wasteful habits- myself included.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.