Friday, November 23, 2018

Blessed Miguel Pro, S.J.



Blessed Miguel Pro



Does our life become from day to day more painful, 
more oppressive, more replete with afflictions? 
Blessed be He a thousand times who desires it so. 
If life be harder, love makes it also stronger, and only this love, 
grounded on suffering, 
can carry the Cross of my Lord Jesus Christ. 
Love without egotism, without relying on self, 
but enkindling in the depth of the heart an ardent thirst 
to love and suffer for all those around us: 
a thirst that neither misfortune nor contempt can extinguish... 
I believe, O Lord; but strengthen my faith... 
Heart of Jesus, I love Thee; but increase my love. 
Heart of Jesus, I trust in Thee; but give greater vigor to my confidence. 
Heart of Jesus, I give my heart to Thee; 
but so enclose it in Thee that it may never be separated from Thee. 
Heart of Jesus, I am all Thine; 
but take care of my promise 
so that I may be able to put it in practice 
even unto the complete sacrifice of my life.
- Bl. Miguel Pro shortly before his death.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful prayer! That I might love Christ so I will pray. Gracias San Miguel Pro, S.J.

    Thanks for sharing Terry.

    Viva Cristo Rey!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.