Thursday, October 25, 2018

I know I'm no good ...



The Holy Father speaks directly to me today...

His words today seem to sum up everything I have been thinking lately.

“The first step in knowing Christ, in entering into this mystery, is the knowledge of one’s own sin, of one’s own sins”, in recognizing that we are sinners, Pope Francis insists. In the Sacrament of Reconciliation, he adds, “we confess our sins” but “it is one thing to tell our sins”, it is another thing to recognize our nature of sinners, “capable of doing anything”, “recognizing ourselves as dirty”. Shame, in short, to feel the need to be “redeemed”.
“[Jesus] is able to accomplish far more than all we can ask or imagine”. He has the power to do it.
“Christians of words, we have so many words; we too, so many words. This is not sanctity; sanctity is being Christians who work out in life what Jesus taught and what Jesus has sown in our hearts”. - Source
Yes!

That has always been my way, my confidence:  “Jesus is able to accomplish far more than all we can ask or imagine - by his power at work in us."  He knows that by myself I am no good.  He knows I can't be trusted.  He knows everything I touch, do, or say is tainted.

Jesus, I surrender myself to you, take care of everything.

7 comments:

  1. Amen Terry! Words from our Papa which give hope and consolation. Pointing our path always to Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lead on this one troubles me Terry. "I know I am no good" is just too negative for me. There already is too much negativity around for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you because your goodness shines through every comment. I wake up everyday repentant, and every night I go to bed repentant. It's not a bad thing. Not sure how to explain that. You are so kind though. Thanks for putting up with me!

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I love you too for your earnest desire to do good and your honesty. We are kinda brothers; virtual brothers. I get your point and yes we are all sinners. I certainly know I am. Let's not lose sight of we also reflect God's goodness and light. We all need to be more positive about ourselves, our Church and our world.

      Delete
  3. Posts like these are why I keep coming back here, Terry, We don’t agree on everything, but you are definitely the real deal. A rarity in Catholic blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm shallow and superficial so thought of Amy Winehouse
    https://youtu.be/3QDDzaY1LtU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! That's why we love each other! ;)

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.