Friday, October 13, 2017

High School Reunion

Dancing to the Beach Boys.


I'm glad I didn't go now.

Friends are posting photos on their Facebook pages and almost all of those photographed looked old.  I recognized one woman who maintained her youthful beauty, posing with some old guys I thought must have been faculty members - turns out they were students.  For the most part, I was only able to recognize one or two people I actually knew.  Then it dawned on me, I didn't really know that many kids at school in the first place.  Oh!  Oh!  And the lights were so bright.  I thought they could have at least kept the place dim.  Everyone looks better in dim light.

Not sure what was happening here.

Or here.  I don't recognize any of them.


Now I'm thinking I was never in their class - in more ways than one, I guess.  What?  I'm so kidding.

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reminded of the truism "you cannot go home again." For some high school were the glory years, for most a difficult right of passage best repressed. I went to mine two years ago. My wife was in my class though we never spoke til college. They all remembered her but not me. Not surprising since I was rather shy and quiet. She gregarious and kind. The boy who sat behind me for four years is now a bishop. We both took freshmen Latin as Seniors. He thanked me for getting him through the course. He admitted copying off me. I do not have that memory, but maybe I get a special indulgence for being helpful to him. It was a pleasant afternoon. I skipped the party/dinner. My 8th Grade one was far more significant to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The real photos on Facebook look fun.

      Delete
    2. BTW - these aren't real photos from the reunion.

      Delete
    3. Fake news Terry? You too!

      Delete
    4. Haha - yes. Gosh - I'm not that old - yet. LOL!

      Delete
  3. hey wakey wakey check out phone conversation before its taken down: Theodore Shoebat Confronts Michael Voris For His Promotion Of Milo Yiannopoulos

    http://shoebat.com/2017/10/12/theodore-shoebat-confronts-michael-voris-for-his-promotion-of-major-pedophile-promoter/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read it. They use people to benefit themselves and their agenda. Voris and everyone else is going after the Jesuits so Milo is useful in the cause. They're all phonies. I know who Milo is but pay no attention to him - he's a self-promoter. Shoebat was less fringe and more mainstream the argument would be worthwhile, as it is it's a bit like getting in a spat with Ann Barnhardt. No one cares. They use one another when it benefits their stats and donations.

      Delete
    2. Psalm 13 (14) is a good description of St Blog's at the best of times...

      Delete
  4. Well I'm glad I read the comments. I was thinking when I saw the photos - gosh I didn't think you were as old as I am. But now I know you were just spoofing us and you aren't (as old as I am). LOL!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.