Monday, October 08, 2012

Remembering a friend.




We knew one another since I was about nineteen or twenty.

He was part of my circle of friends and acquaintances.

At one time

      we worked for the same company.

Attended the same parties,

    dinner guests at one another's home.


We're from the same place...

But...

Something about him always reminded me of Gig Young.

Everyone thought he was an heir to a great fortune...
     independently wealthy.

Very Brooks Brothers,
     very much a gentleman,
             refined and well spoken.

Always a gentleman who made everyone feel comfortable and accepted.

A friend, Ralph Dostal died a week ago... he was older than me,
     older than I thought.

I had no idea.

Everyone thought he was much younger.

Just like they thought he was aristocracy...


               He was.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.