Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Blessed Alberto Marvelli

1918 - 1946


March 21 is the birthday of Alberto Marvelli.  I'm working on a painting of him which is taking very much time.  It was to be an icon - or in that style - but I decided to do something different - although I will do a gold nimbus.  The background is heavily distressed, simulating old fresco - but not exactly.  I've layered many glazes over images that are a sort of painted collage.  I have a friend who paints and uses collage, a style I like, but I opted for painting in the images and texture of fresco - which is why it is taking so long.  The background is more or less finished, so today I begin the actual image of the saint.   

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.