Thursday, March 21, 2019

If all that is true ...

What the war didn't finish ... churchmen did.


If Bella Dodd was telling the truth ...

Actually, I am now convinced she was, thanks to real friends who have supplied links to documentation and personal accounts.  Another friend, in an effort to reassure me also pretty much dismissed the conspiracy saying, 'In the end, it doesn't really matter does it? Because evil is always defeated in the end and Christ is victorious.'  That is true, I guess, Pope Benedict has reassured others in that manner, Jesus wins in the end, and so on - but look at what has been done to the faith and souls.

I was reading how Archbishop Weakland's memorial plaque in Milwaukee's Catherdral will be removed.  I was reminded how, knowing nothing about him except that he was a monk, when he was named Archbishop.  I took it for granted that was a good thing, that the liturgy would be enhanced, and Catholic teaching affirmed.  I laugh at my naivete now.  I wonder why I ever thought I knew so much about ecclesial life?  Then when the Cathedral was 'wreckovated' I decided I liked it, though I preferred traditional church design.  Now I'm thinking the iconoclasm of the post Conciliar period was perpetrated and imposed as a way of destroying faith and morals. 

Milwaukee Cathedral


Maybe I was 'indoctrinated' to like this crap?

I was rereading Fr. Altier's homily which mentions Bella Dodd and points to the origins of the crisis - in 1924.  In his essay Fr. Altier wrote:
What kind of men do you think might have been elevated to be bishops by somebody like this?
You now understand why all that we get is fluff and stuff instead of good homilies? You understand why there are problems in the world that aren’t being addressed? That’s what it is about. Where is the doctrinal integrity? Where is the moral teaching? Someone that is not living it is not going to teach it. Now there are, after this grand jury report came out a few days ago from Pennsylvania, there are several more states already talking about doing their own grand jury investigation. It will probably go all over the place, so I say that to simply say there is going to be more in the news coming up. - Source
A priest friend told me a year or so that I was wrong about some things, I expect Bella Dodd being the least of them.  Still recovering from the flu, I've been able to examine myself, my conscience, and it's pretty dark.  I've been easily swayed and misled, and worst of all, I've been convinced I have been right about almost everything.  And everyone else either was wrong or didn't understand.  I'm being deliberately vague about the kind and number of my character defects and sins, but I'm grateful to be able to see the log in my own eye and recognize I'm in no shape to point out the sins of others, much less try to correct them.

Indoctrinated, deceived, led astray, or not - I'm still responsible for my actions.

That's all.


I was forewarned.

7 comments:

  1. I do not know. It is all just too much to digest. I worked with a fine school administrator who had a saying that comes to mind. "I am trying to wrap my mind around that," she would say when confronted with troublesome information. My mind is too tired right now. I still get comfort from the thought that so much of the literacy, architecture etc. is window dressing that either enhances or detracts from the basics. Grace finds a way in always. You state a real truth in saying we are responsible for our own behavior eleven when lead astray. We have to find our own way back. As for Bella Donna, ops Dodd, I just cannot believe that is anything more then an urban myth. Of course I could be wrong. I just do not think you could find many volunteers to take up the fight. Here in NY we have frequent commercials on TV and radio calling all the abused to sign up for a law suit. It is like it is campaign season. I expect it will be coming to a state near you next. Bankruptcy seems to be on the horizon for the Church. With funds limited or nonexistent I suppose the high life will go too? Anyway, the pedophiles and sex maniacs have certainly done what the Communists could not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liturgy not literacy is what I wrote but the computer has a mind of its own.

      Delete
  2. It was already here. They eliminated the statute of limitations for sexual abuse.

    Terry, our bell had returned, with a new bell pull and fly wheel. We're getting new flooring in the entryway and getting our crumbling front steps replaced when the snow melts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weakland was a disaster on all levels and almost destroyed the monastery he was Abbot at, St. Vincent's in Latrobe, PA (fortunately it wasn't and there are some holy monks there now) before becoming a bishop. As someone recently said: behind the majority of cases of sexual abuse there are priests and bishops who have protected the aggressors because of their own homosexuality and out of fear that it might be revealed in the event of a scandal. The culture of secrecy that was needed to maintain silence about the high prevalence of homosexuality in the Church has allowed sexual abuse to be hidden and predators to act. Something to ponder.... remember the grace is here during this time of crisis to become a saint- similar to after the scandal of the Reformation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone needs to examine how these men came to be appointed to high level positions. Who were their mentors and advocates? Otherwise oh will just continue unabated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhxATVxzW-Y

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://www.pjstar.com/news/20190320/new-report-reveals-horrifying-scale-of-child-sex-abuse-by-catholic-clergy-in-illinois-names-nearly-400-accused-priests


    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.