Tuesday, October 16, 2018

What the Pope said ...

Painting by Jacek Yerka


Be careful ...
Be careful around those who are rigid. Be careful around Christians – be they laity, priests, bishops – who present themselves as so “perfect,” rigid. Be careful. There’s no Spirit of God there. They lack the spirit of liberty. And let us be careful with ourselves, because this should lead us to consider our own life. Do I seek to look only at appearance, and not change my heart? Do I not open my heart to prayer, to the liberty of prayer, the liberty of almsgiving, the liberty of works of mercy? - VN

"They were truly an example of formality. But they lacked life. They were, so to speak, “starched.” They were rigid. And Jesus knew their soul." - Pope Francis

5 comments:

  1. And all of those “perfect” people are going to attack Pope Francis with renewed vigor over this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Not like us, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Holy Father preaching on rigid Christians. What a shock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, all of this just makes me want to cry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Tears are good in prayer though! Persevere.

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.