Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Fifth Day of the Novena.


THE SCIENCE OF DIVINE LOVE, which the Father of mercies pours out through Jesus Christ in the Holy Spirit, is a gift granted to the little and the humble so that they may know and proclaim the secrets of the kingdom, hidden from the learned and the wise; for this reason Jesus rejoiced in the Holy Spirit, praising the Father who graciously willed it so.
[...] 
Even though Thérèse does not have a true and proper doctrinal corpus, nevertheless a particular radiance of doctrine shines forth from her writings which, as if by a charism of the Holy Spirit, grasp the very heart of the message of Revelation in a fresh and original vision, presenting a teaching of eminent quality. SAINT THÉRÈSE OF THE CHILD JESUS AND THE HOLY FACE IS PROCLAIMED A DOCTOR OF THE UNIVERSAL CHURCH

The wise and the learned claim Therese now that she is 'Doctor of the Church', but I like to say she doesn't esteem such titles, preferring to remain little.  Because of this she continues to be the greatest saint of modern times, one from whom theologians and scholars can learn.  I believe she embodies the sensus fidelium of today: “... You have hidden these things from the wise and the learned and revealed them to the little ones”.   I'm thinking of Pope Francis and his 'little way' of exercising the Petrine ministry.

So today, I pray St. Therese comes to the aid of our Holy Father Pope Francis and assists him with an abundance of grace, consoling him with her presence.  I understand Pope Francis likes the following prayer:
O Little Therese of the Child Jesus
Please pick for Pope Francis a rose
from the heavenly garden
and send it to him
as a message of love.
O Little Flower of Jesus,
ask God to grant Francis the favors
we now place with confidence
in your hands
( mention your special prayer request here )
St. Therese, help us to always believe
as you did, in God's great love for us,
so that we may imitate your "Little Way" each day.

4 comments:

  1. Amen ... may the Lord's will be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I have a love - hate relationship with Therese. I have made numerous novenas to her, but never does she send me a rose. Not once. I think she doesn't really like me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing her answer to your requests was "no". I'll pray for you when I'm in Lisieux on Sunday. :)

      Delete
    2. Well, if that's the case she has said no to every single novena I have prayed to her since I was in middle school, which is ALOT of novenas. I think she might just not like me. ;)

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.