"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The garden


This year I planted zinnias in all the pots. I also planted tomato, eggplant, basil, and peppers - each in their own pot. For the trellis I did a new type of morning glory along with roses. I'll add more photos later. Today I am trimming hedges and I came in to eat something and check mail. See what social networking does to a person? And people pretend that their work gets done, even though they spend hours online reading blogs, twitter, facebook, and various news sites - constantly checking mail. No wonder the Vatican blocked access to their workers.
.
I thought of some great theology of the body jokes too. I can't tell them however. Wait, wait! Oh, never mind.
.
Gotta run - lunch.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. why don't you just eat out?

    *snort*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat - LOL! I took down the menu now - I thought it might be scandalous. But your comment is hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries- I still caught it in my reader, and I let out a giant snort at work.

    Nice zinnias.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have plans to rummage around the basement this weekend ... and maybe even trim the hedge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zinnias--thanks--I was wondering what flower I should plant in my pot this year. I'm going to plant zinnias. Good choice--Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.