Thursday, February 17, 2022

Nothing is hidden that will not be revealed.



What is holding back a proper Visitation of Silverstream?

I always feel really guilty when I write about falls from grace, such as the events related to Silverstream Priory.  

Today I was searching for back-up reports online and found several links to the more 'official' reports, along with commentary which exonerates, vindicates and corroborates Dom Benedict Andersen's claims.  That is why I revisited this - a sort of reparative gesture for Dom Benedict, along with prayers that he be treated justly by Church officials.  As a whistleblower he has been subjected to another level of abuse.  I no longer have his email, but I hope someone will let him know I'm sincerely sorry for having doubted him and for what it is worth, he has my support.

The message is out there now and it is for the Church to respond.  I think there must be many who wish to protect the former prior, among them Traditionalists who do not want their movement sullied.  Not to mention those who fear suppression for adhering to Tridentine ritual along with the rejection of Vatican II.  Fr. Mark has enjoyed the approval and endorsement of his foundation and religious/spiritual life by some powerful prelates and clergy, friends and allies in the network he cultivated over the years.   I suspect that explains why Fr. Benedict landed on 'The Perps Corner' on the website of the Archdiocese of NY.  (Kirby has friends in NYC - he once called me from the office of a priest-friend of his in Midtown - it was an introductory call - he introduced me to the priest and the conversation was mostly 'camp'.)

Archdiocese’s Most Wanted: The ‘Perps’ Corner:   Be aware that Father Benedict Andersen, OSB, who until recently was at Silverstream Priory in Stanmullin, County Meath, Ireland, may present himself for ministry here in the archdiocese. He is not allowed to serve in any capacity in any parish or institution here. - Some Things to Know

Transparency regarding this situation is important, to protect the innocent and rid the Church of corruption.  Every incident like this vindicates the calls for reform made by Pope Francis, who is so often maligned for his warnings and policies to rid the clergy of worldliness and sexual hypocrisy.  

An independent and proper visitation by the Holy See needs to proceed now that new information is made available.

I think I'm finished with this now.

2 comments:

  1. “Around and around we go. Where we stop nobody know.” A childhood game that comes to mind. In the end it only makes you dizzy. Truth & Justice is a rare commodity these days. I am revisiting the Garabandal Apparitions of late and mentally preparing for what may come. If the Pope journeys to Moscow, like many want him to, I will take it as one more affirmation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel, Mr. H. What it comes down to is that it is difficult to know who we can trust, and who is faithful. It used to be that we could take it for granted we could trust our hierarchy. Or maybe we were simply unaware that anyone with a holy vocation could be capable of deviousness or unfaithfulness. All we can be sure of is ourselves. We must be prepared to stay faithful no matter what others do or say.

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.