Saturday, June 29, 2019

Drag Queen Story Hours

Send in the clowns
Don't bother, they're here
Isn't it rich?
Isn't it queer?


I'm against it.

One article I read on the trend explained it like this:
It’s hoped it will encourage kids to read, but at the very least it may inspire their sense of fashion and inclusion. 
On Saturday the Albuquerque/Bernalillo County Libraries will follow the lead of libraries around the country and offer its first “Drag Queen Storytime,” in which men dressed in drag will read stories to children. 
The event listing on the library’s web page says it will feature “books, songs, and lots of fun” while celebrating “acceptance in all its forms.” - Source
Acceptance in all its forms.  

Inclusiveness.  All that stuff related to LGBTQ and gender theory.  On the surface, that sounds about right.  Harmless, really.  Especially when you realize that drag queens are simply a modern day version of clowns and fools.   They parody women, celebrities and fashion.  Nothing is real, it's theater - but what do women say?  Isn't it rather misogynist?

I'm against it.

Another story here.

2 comments:

  1. I'm against it, too. Satan always comes in the disguise of something beautiful and kind - something that sounds like a good idea. And he always attacks the smallest and weakest among us - children, the sick, and the elderly (i.e., abortion, euthanasia, et. al.) They may claim to say they are doing this to encourage children to read, but if that were true, why not simply read to them without resorting to the drag queen attire, and publicizing their personal agenda?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a theatrical dress up day to me. These kids probably do not think anything of it beyond being fun. What are the adults thinking? In my recent experience with my grandchildren the librian does just fine thank you. What are we to admire here? The parents, the library, the reader, the innocence of children? I guess all of it. In Shakespeare's day men played all the parts and dress the female roles as well. Maybe then it is not so bizarre. I do not know. I really do not care if a man wants to dress as a women. I do not understand it and it seems way too much effort and uncomfortable. Just please do not push it on others, especially a captive audience.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.