Friday, November 09, 2018

Living Stones



What does it mean?

What does the Feast of the Dedication of the Lateran Basilica mean for an ordinary Christian?  


The angel brought me
back to the entrance of the temple

You are God's building...

Do you not know that you are the temple of God,
and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
If anyone destroys God's temple,
God will destroy that person;
for the temple of God, which you are, is holy.

I have chosen and consecrated this house, says the Lord,
that my name may be there forever. - Today's Readings

Be very careful and be attentive to your angel ...
Be attentive to him and heed his voice.
Do not rebel against him, for he will not forgive your sin.
My authority resides in him.
There is a lot of talk about having two churches.  A bad pope.  A bad council.  A bad Mass.

Don't believe them.  That is what they wanted you to believe all along.  There is no such thing as two churches.  There is One Church.  One Faith.  One Baptism.  There is no such thing as a small church, a remnant.  We are living stones of One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.

Year by year you sanctify the Church, the Bride of Christ,
foreshadowed in visible buildings,
so that rejoicing as the mother of countless children,
she may be given her place in her heavenly glory. - Preface: The Mystery of the Church

"Realize that your soul is the temple of God - it is St. Paul who teaches this. At every moment of the day and night the three Divine Persons are living within you." - Elizabeth of the Trinity

St. Elizabeth of the Trinity

St. John Paul emphasized:
"The saints, in particular,
are precious stones
of that spiritual temple."



2 comments:

  1. I sent my friend this quote from St. Caesarius of Arles: we must prepare our hearts to be as beautiful as we expect this church to be. Silly me, I thought that meant beautiful statues and décor, etc. My friend (former Catholic hater and now devout Catholic) said, "what a great analogy, I'm thinking welcoming, smiles, forgiving, hospitable."

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.