"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Italian Americans!

Did you know Fr. James Martin is half Italian?!

No wonder I love him so much - no matter what he says!

Anyway - The Italian Americans is a great documentary and reinforces my contempt for Irish Americans.  What?  Is that bad?  Okay - but the Irish Americans did not get the true devotion of the Italian Americans - which is why there are so many problems with the American church.  What?  That's bad too?

Oh.  And now I know why all my Italian friends lie.  They inherited that from their crooked ancestors who tried to cover for the mafia.  They can't help it.  Exampalutto:

"So - you're living with your boyfriend?"  I ask.

"What?  I have my own apartment - he just visits once in awhile - and he's not my boyfriend."  She says.

Ya lyin' plate of puttanesca!

"So - you're just coming home from work Chris?"  I ask.

"Huh?  I don't work.  I don't work."  She says.

Pazza l'mam-!

Anyway - read Fr. Martin's sister's review here.  (They all stick together you know - she writes for America.  Really.)


  1. As an Irish American I'm glad I know to never take you seriously. Hey what?

    1. Haha! I'm glad. I'm part Irish too.

    2. Hey, Terry - where did you get that picture of me? Don't maka me calla Uncle Vinnie...


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.