"Are we prepared to promote conditions in which the living contact with God can be reestablished? For our lives today have become godless to the point of complete vacuity. God is no longer with us in the conscious sense of the word. He is denied, ignored, excluded from every claim to have a part in our daily life." - Alfred Delp, S.J.

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Austin Ruse said something that upset some people ...

I asked Mr. Ruse about it and he sent me this...
I deeply regret and apologize for using the expression "taken out and shot" on the Sandy Rios Show this week. It was not intended to be taken literally. I have dedicated my life and career to ending violence. I regret that these poorly chosen words are being used to attack my friends at American Family Radio and American Family Association.

Earlier in the day on Friday I received links to a couple of stories regarding statements attributed to Austin Ruse.  Link: Right Wing Watch.

It is all very unfortunate.  I wanted to check with Mr. Ruse before posting anything on the stories, and he kindly replied to my email.

I take him at his word.  He is in my prayers.

+ + +

My comment on this kind of stuff...

We all make mistakes and say things that can be misconstrued, taken out of context - and sometimes no matter what we say to explain ourselves, it's already out there - along with consequences.

Let's really pray for one another and forgive one another - all of the time.

Never joke about shooting anyone.  Do not even suggest it, because I have an idea that there may be more than a few deranged people who might take it upon themselves to act on it.

Though pro-abortion and anti-religious progressives say similar things and do worse things, Catholics are called to a higher standard.  Hence even terminology such as the "biological solution" for your enemies can be misconstrued as un-Christian and contrary to the Gospel.


  1. Austin Ruse used a commonly understood colloquial expression that is being used to tar him not because of what he said, but because he said it. This is nothing more than an adhominem attack that has succeeded because those who should have a enough sense to defend him are instead also attacking him.

    The overly sensitive stupid people are playing hangman, and winning because he came for Austin Ruse, but not for the others, yet.


    1. That's such a great little film. Thanks.


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.