Saturday, November 18, 2017

Trump to retain the ban on elephant trade.

Song for this here.


The first bit of news I saw today, and it is good.

Thanks be to God.  I hope and pray that Trump doesn't reverse it again.  Story here.

As I said on Facebook, I thank God for this grace - not Trump - he is only doing his duty.  Just as he did in the case of reversing the contraception mandate in the Affordable Healthcare Act.

Today's Gospel seems to apply to this development, since the outcry against the reversal and trophy hunting was so great.

Jesus told his disciples a parable
about the necessity for them to pray always without becoming weary.
He said, "There was a judge in a certain town
who neither feared God nor respected any human being.
And a widow in that town used to come to him and say,
'Render a just decision for me against my adversary.'
For a long time the judge was unwilling, but eventually he thought,
'While it is true that I neither fear God nor respect any human being,
because this widow keeps bothering me
I shall deliver a just decision for her
lest she finally come and strike me.'" - Luke 18:1-8

Thank God alone.  As Our Lord instructs us in this parable:

The Lord said, "Pay attention to what the dishonest judge says.
Will not God then secure the rights of his chosen ones
who call out to him day and night?
Will he be slow to answer them?
I tell you, he will see to it that justice is done for them speedily.


But when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?" - Luke 18

Prayer obtains all.  Thanks be to God!

Put not your trust in princes or guns, God alone suffices. 

4 comments:

  1. The elephant has long been the symbol of the GOP. This picture is disturbing on several levels. The obvious death and dismembership of the noble animal is one. The other is the death and dismembership of a once noble political party. We should grieve for both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the prayers of good people go a long way. God has redeemed so many previously unworthy people and made them into His most faithful and vocal servants. Who knew St. Paul and St. Augustine or even my good St. Francis, in their lives before their conversions, would become some of the very greatest saints of the Church?!

    He has also purified governments and cultures that were guilty of immorality (ancient Rome, Greece, Nazi Germany, etc.) God has prevailed through war and peace. His mercy is endless to those who ask for it.

    Wallace, Terry, and whoever else reads this - let's say a prayer today for our country, perhaps a Memorare, to Our Lady, who is the patroness of the United States. And then, as Blessed Solanus advised, say a prayer of thanksgiving for God's fatherly solicitude and Our Blessed Mother's loving care for her American children. Our God is good and will never abandon us! - Susan, ofs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Susan. Mary, under the title of Immaculate Conception, is our country's patroness. Blessed Solanus is our newest friend in heaven. I like that you included him as well. I will do my part as you request.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, brother! Sometimes the most humble of servants, such as Blessed Solanus, offer the best example of how to deal with trouble. God bless you, Wallace, and happy Thanksgiving to you!

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.