Thursday, August 03, 2017

I had rather lie abject at the threshold of the house of my God ...

Carl Dobsky,The Lotus Eater


Today's Responsorial.

I would rather lie at the threshold of the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the wicked. - Psalm 84

That psalm is used as an antiphon in the old Mass for St. Benedict Joseph Labre, and was given to me by my novice master when I was a novice.  I think of it often and it has remained my prayer ever since.

It is especially important for me today.

Even the sparrow finds a home,
and the swallow a nest ...
Blessed are they who dwell in your house!
Yet I had rather lie abject at the threshold of the house of my God
than dwell in the homes of the wicked.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.