Tuesday, May 30, 2017

I am but a pilgrim on the earth ...



The stories of the martyrs thrills me.

The Coptic martyrs from May 26 were on pilgrimage - what a wonderful sign that is.  We always look for signs - what better sign can we have?  Look at the crosses in the photo at top.  That is our sign.

Today's Gospel, read in consideration of the martyrs and their going out to meet our Lord, is deeply moving for me.

"I revealed your name to those whom you gave me out of the world.
They belonged to you, and you gave them to me,
and they have kept your word.
Now they know that everything you gave me is from you,
because the words you gave to me I have given to them,
and they accepted them and truly understood that I came from you,
and they have believed that you sent me." - Jn 17: 1-11

Blessed day by day be the Lord,
who bears our burdens; God, who is our salvation.
God is a saving God for us;
the LORD, my Lord, controls the passageways of death. - Ps 68

Prayers for the families and survivors.
Prayers for those who will be called next.
God is a saving God for us.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Look at the crosses in the photo at top.  That is our sign."

      The banner of Christ Crucified lifted up high! Amen 

      I hope never to forget what truth is, what the reality of belonging to Christ is, what is happening to those whose faith endures despite the pettiness of men and women enamored of self-importance.

      Lord, have mercy on us all!

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.