Saturday, February 18, 2017

On February 18, 1858



Our Lady appeared to St. Bernadette, asking her to return to the grotto for 15 days.

Bernadette agreed, and Our Lady made this promise:

"I promise to make you happy, not in this world, but in the next."

That is important to know for all of us.  Our Lady never preached a 'prosperity gospel'.

I believe today is the memorial of St. Bernadette in France.

Bernadette's prayer of thanksgiving ...

Thank you Lady Mary, 
that I am Bernadette,
who was threatened with prison
because I saw you.
I am she who the crowds
stared at as a rare animal -
that Bernadette so wretched
that upon seeing her,
it was said:
"Is that it?"


The crowds never change.  After the disclosure of the Third Secret I remember them saying the same thing: "Is that it?"



1 comment:

  1. OLL still a beautiful story but mysterious as to message. No prophecy here. Healing and repentance should be enough. The mistreatment of Bernadette by government and church officials has gotten lost in the commeralization of it. Maybe that is a part of the story too.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.