Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Preparation for the Feast of St. Therese

Little Therese, give me your childlike faith,
to see the Face of God
in the people and experiences of my life,
and to love God with full confidence.



On Fortitude ... and not getting 'even'.

One day, when she (Therese) was doing her best to arrange some bunches of flowers that had been sent be placed around Mother Genevieve's coffin, a lay-sister said to her: 'Obviously , these bunches of flowers have come from your family; you are putting them well in front and disregarding those of the poor.'  I was wondering what Sister Therese was going to say to such an unfair comment, but she just looked affectionately at the sister and hastened to satisfy her wishes by bringing the less beautiful flowers to the fore." - Marie of the Sacred Heart, ocd; Therese by Those Who Knew Her

+

O Lord, Who has said: Unless you become as little children you shall not enter the Kingdom of Heaven; grant us, we beseech Thee, so to follow in humility and simplicity of heart the footsteps of St. Therese, the virgin, that we may obtain everlasting rewards. Who lives and reigns forever. Amen.

+



I probably would have made a big spectacle of it,
and said, "I hope you're happy now!"

St. Therese, pray for us!

2 comments:

  1. Her cloister sometimes sounds like a never-ending Marine Corp boot camp. I wouldn't have lasted a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize in St. Therese generous, and humble response, how FAR I have to go in becoming even the tiniest bit holy. Have I got a LONG way to go! Pray for, me, St. Therese. I, and all of, us, need your prayers!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.