Thursday, September 15, 2016

Madonna dell'Addolorata


My devotion stems from the patronage of
St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows,
when I was very little.




The Seven Holy Founders
who dedicated themselves as
Servants of Our Lady of Sorrows
also obtained for me devotion
to Our Lady under this title.


Coming of age in an Italian neighborhood
may have 
instilled in me an even deeper devotion.


My devotion to Our Lady of Sorrows
began to 'hurt' as I got older ...


until now perhaps ...
 as I understand better, how present the
Sorrowful Mother is in our conflicts
and difficulties today ...


We now know how at Fatima, Our Lady 
appeared as Our Lady of Sorrows
the day of the miracle.


More recently, Our Lady of Sorrows
appeared in Rwanda at Kibeho.
Demonstrating how present she is
in our conflicts
and difficulties today ...

+ + +


"At Rwanda, the Virgin Mary said that the rosary was one of the most powerful tools in the world to defend us against temptation and evil. She pleaded with everyone to pray the rosary at least once a day, no matter what religion they belonged to, and promised all who did would receive special spiritual graces and blessings." - Read more here,  and here.




No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.