Thursday, May 05, 2016

The Vigil to Dry Tears ...


The Madonna of Tears in Syracuse, Sicily. 
The relic of tears of the Madonna was displayed 
in St Peter’s basilica in Rome today 
during a special vigil celebrated by Pope Francis.


Thinking, praying ...

For Syria.

The refugees.

The children's hospital.

The fires in Canada.

For every one weeping and mourning ...


+



I wonder if we may understand Our Lady's tears in this way:



Let my eyes stream with tears
day and night, without rest,
Over the great destruction which overwhelms
the virgin daughter of my people,
over her incurable wound.



+


O Sacred Heart of Jesus, "clean the stains of my soul and give me tears of penance, loving tears out of love, tears of salvation, tears that cleanse the darkness of my mind, making me light so that I may see you, Light of the world, enlightenment to my repentant eyes." - St. Simeon the New Theologian

1 comment:

  1. Despite all the tragedies that are ongoing in this beloved world of ours, our Lady weeps because so many of her children just don't care, don't believe, are intoxicated by pleasure, reputation, fame and money.
    I mean all one has to do is look at the MET Gala pictures to see they beau monde could care less about what truly matters ... if I am to go by their appearance, well, vanity and self-importance reigns ... not God.

    A perfect yet tired example of a bloated personality:

    https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/madonna-bares-her-butt-revealing-014600680.html

    May our Lady's tears tear at our core before it's too late ...

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.