Sunday, January 18, 2015

This is sweet: Former First Lady Imelda Marcos attends Papal Mass

"The message of the Holy Father is about the poor, and I love the poor." - Mrs Marcos

TACLOBAN, Philippines — Former Philippine First Lady Imelda Marcos raised eyebrows Saturday when she made an appearance at Pope Francis' Mass held in the typhoon-ravaged region, declaring that she loves the poor. Marcos, 85, was one of the thousands wearing yellow ponchos and enduring wind and rain to hear the pontiff deliver an emotional homily centering on the faith and resolve of the people there. - Source

I was wondering if and how she would be present.  I think she is so sincere.  I love some of her quotes, especially the one I often repeat, "Don't dress down for the poor, they won't respect you for it."  Makes sense to me.

What?

3 comments:

  1. Imelda is... complicated. I mean, after what her husband (and herself) did to the country, it's hard for many to forgive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least she's honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. +JMJ+

    She was at my parish church for Mass a few months ago, too! It was the feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, so Father was distributing new brown scapulars to all the devotees. Mrs. Marcos came forward for one, too, then laid a crisp P1000 bill on the pile of remaining scapulars. LOL! I wasn't able to speak to her afterwards, though you know I tried going after her.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.