Monday, September 29, 2014

Do the right thing. The Catholic music director, Jamie Moore did.



I'm really impressed with this story.

Jamie Moore married his boyfriend, was asked by Archbishop Nienstedt to resign, and he did.

Evidently an attorney offered to represent him in a lawsuit against Nienstedt.  Jamie said no.

The pastor of his church, Fr. Bob White, explained to the parishioners what happened.

Weekend masses at St. Victoria included comments from the Rev. Bob White about Moore’s departure, which the pastor said was like losing a loved one. “It’s a deep loss,” he told the Carver County congregation at a 10:45 a.m. mass. White called Moore his friend and the “voice of the church.”
White explained the process that led to Moore’s resignation and expressed his hope that the congregation would come together. He received a standing ovation as he left the podium to begin the mass.
“How he came to this decision is consistent with the man I’m proud to call my friend for the last 18 years,” White said. “He did it in a way that was an expression of who he is and how he lives.” - StarTribune

Rejecting a lawsuit, and quietly resigning in obedience to the Archbishop's request is a faithful response from Jamie Moore.  Fr. White's comments to the congregation is a wonderful testimony as well.

I wish them well.

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for him. It is difficult to see those we care about choosing mortal sin. We don't stop loving them. In fact, we should be even more diligent in praying for their conversion. When I see stories like this I think of St. Augustine...."Late have I loved Thee."

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.