Sunday, August 10, 2014

Why have you utterly forgotten us, forsaken us for so long?

The children are desolate; the enemy has prevailed.



The tongue of the infant cleaves
to the roof of its mouth in thirst;
Children beg for bread,
but no one gives them a piece.


My eyes stream with tears over the destruction
of the daughter of my people.

My eyes will flow without ceasing,
without rest,

Until the LORD from heaven
looks down and sees.




Even now our eyes are worn out,
searching in vain for help;
From our watchtower we have watched
for a nation unable to save.


Our pursuers were swifter
than eagles in the sky,
In the mountains they were hot on our trail,
they ambushed us in the wilderness.

Rise up! Wail in the night,
at the start of every watch;
Pour out your heart like water
before the Lord...

3 comments:

  1. I am determined to pray more, to keep vigil, to think of, and carry in my heart all the children taken from their mother and father. I cannot imagine the pain nor the torment. Many children from every place and time, I hope to remember.

    The Father knows our sorrow in the death of the innocent.

    Mary! Queen of Peace, pray for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up at 3:30AM - the time of the Night Office for Trappists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great idea. I will try to rope others into this for a while as well!

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.