Sunday, November 24, 2013

Feast of Christ the King and the closing of The Year of Faith



The most significant fruit of The Year of Faith - for me - has been the martyrs.

Otherwise, it seemed like any other year.
Today’s solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe, the crowning of the liturgical year, also marks the conclusion of the Year of Faith opened by Pope Benedict XVI, to whom our thoughts now turn with affection and gratitude. By this providential initiative, he gave us an opportunity to rediscover the beauty of the journey of faith begun on the day of our Baptism, which made us children of God and brothers and sisters in the Church. A journey which has as its ultimate end our full encounter with God, and throughout which the Holy Spirit purifies us, lifts us up and sanctifies us, so that we may enter into the happiness for which our hearts long. - Pope Francis' homily
And the Solemnity, like any other Sunday.
Act of Faith

O my God, I firmly believe that you are one God in three divine Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. I believe that your divine Son became man, died for our sins, and that He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe these and all the truths which the Holy Catholic Church teaches, because you have revealed them, Who can neither deceive nor be deceived. Amen.

4 comments:

  1. I felt the same way. I thought at the beginning that maybe at the end we'd get it all wrapped up by some big Lex orandi, lex credendi, like requiring ad orientem or something.

    If it makes you feel better, we had a husband and wife and their three children all get baptized enter the Church as a family on Sunday. Very moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attention is given to daily homilies but the proclaimed "Year of Faith" is minimalized?

    I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ATDP - I don't either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok. We are all men from 'Underground'.

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.