Friday, January 25, 2013

On the Conversion of St. Paul...



If you have this month's Magnificat, read Heather King's essay for the feast day.

It is very good.
Authentic conversion always comes from realizing we have been 'persecuting' Christ.

Christ never cuts us down with a gun or a sword.  He looks at us with love.  He looks us in the eye with love and says, 'Why are you persecuting me?'

How often I've been harsh, rageful, importunate, intolerant, unfaithful, unkind, and just plain wrong.

When that happens I'm struck blind for a few hours or days or even months.   Often a long time passes before I see that, once again, I've been persecuting Christ. - Heather King
 
I think Heather King may be one of the most important spiritual writers of our day.  Visit her blog here

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:14 PM

    This was immensely helpful to me, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to go to Confession today, on the patronal feast of our archdiocese but remembered that afternoon Mass became noon Mass today. Does this mean that St. Paul is the patron saint of downhill ice cross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Terry, I read her beautiful reflection and will definitely check out her blog and add her to my blogroll, for what it is worth.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.