Saturday, November 05, 2011

Andy Rooney 1919-2011

I really loved this guy.

May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.  Amen.


  1. May he rest in peace...will remember him in my prayers.

    My dad--rest his soul--always enjoyed Andy's dry sense of humor.


  2. Indeed. May his soul rest in peace. And, NO, I didn't love this guy. Lost me a while back when he took some swipes at the Catholic Church.

  3. Didn't love him either, though I will still pray for his soul. Could never quite forgive him for calling George S Patton "an idiot".

  4. He wasn't "the faithful."

    He followed his leftist proclivities to their inevitable conclusion. In 2004 he proclaimed himself an atheist.

  5. I wasn't judging his soul - I was simply praying for all the faithful departed - if Rooney somehow by the mercy of God finds himself in that number - good for him.


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.