Many, many questions...
Is it bad that WYD isn't at the top of my event list?
- No honey, it is not.
How will all those kids receive Communion? There have to be liturgical police wringing their hands over that one, huh? Is it just about the worstest liturgical abuse ever? Those ginormous concelebrated Masses? The Conga-line style reception of communion? And, and, and ...
- I don't think so - is that bad?
A really old nun, 103 years, is leaving the convent to go see the pope - she hasn't left in 84 years - the poor nun said she would close her eyes all the way so as not to be distracted. Now that is edifying. If you were her, would you leave the monastery to go see the pope?
- I would not. I think he should go to see her.
At previous WYD's it can be said Blessed Pope John Paul II raised cane at the events.
- He did - he used to raise his cane in the air like he just don't care. Rockin'.
Michael Voris is holed up in a hotel for WYD.
- I know! That sounds sooooo creepy too.
Will the kids be wearing Abercrombie & Fitch fashions? Low rise jeans? And will A&F protest if they do? (They protested that Mike The Situation wears their stuff on Jersey Shore.)
- A&F doesn't care because MSM will not cover WYD. And the A&F protest against Snooky and the Shore is just another genius marketing strategy - nothing more.
One reader asked me, "If you hadn't just turned 30, would you have gone to WYD?"
Shut up grandma. (This post is for Andrew.)
Photo found at Hermeneutic of Continuity