Monday, August 22, 2011

Falling from the sky?

Or ascending?
Yesterday I made my afternoon prayer outside in the yard - Sundays are so quiet.  While praying the rosary I laid my head back as far as I could and looked straight up into the clouds and blue sky.  I imagined myself flying, swooping down upon the ocean, since on a bright day, the ocean seen through clouds looks much the same as the sky seen through clouds - then I flew back up, way into the clouds.
I like that - I'm often reminded of Betsy Ten Boom in the concentration camp - she did the same thing - she left the misery of the camps like that, and soared above, into the immensity of God. 


  1. i also do this... most of the time when i get bored.... i pretend that i am the only one in the sky looking down on the immensity of the world. it is so peaceful

    God Bless


    That is all.


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.