Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Looks like Global Warming to me...



Cardinal Pell disagrees with the Vatican study on Global Warming...
.
[Just because the Vatican publishes a study doesn't mean the results become an article of faith BTW.]
.
This weekend I was hosted to a special dinner at a friend's house and somehow the conversation strayed off onto right-wing nuts and Sarah Palin and global warming - favorite topics I tend to bring up when there is a lull in the conversation.  My host asked, "How can these idiots say there is no global warming?"
.
I answered, "I don't know."
.
I went on to say I think there really is global warming but I'm not sure it is all man made, nor do I think man has the capability to do much about it.  I personally think it is part of the earth's natural cycle, like women and their hot flashes - the planet is going through a natural cycle of warming, and next it will probably begin cooling and ask for a sweater.  The concept is easy to grasp for the terminally subjective, since it has been a very cold spring so far this year.
.
Anyway - I find that I agree with Cardinal Pell on this one.
.
Sydney's Cardinal George Pell said the causes of climate change remain "unclear", even as a Vatican-appointed panel of scientists warned about the need to mitigate man-made global warning, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.
.
"Climate change is real," he told the newspaper. "The causes are unclear, and our ability to influence climate change [is] even less certain," he said. - Source

.
Yep!  Mother Nature's just having a hot flash.
.
(As a kid, Woody Allen was always concerned that the universe is expanding.)

4 comments:

  1. If 90% of oncologists said that they were reasonably certain they had uncovered a cause of cancer, we would pay attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps, but 90% aren't saying so about global warming and its causes ...

    The Great Global Warming Blunder:
    http://www.encounterbooks.com/books/great-global-warming-blunder/

    Climate Confusion:
    http://www.encounterbooks.com/books/climate-confusion-how-global-warming-hysteria-leads-to-bad-science-pandering-politicians-and-misguided-policies-that-hurt-the-poor-paperback/

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, Al Gore is NOT a source I'd trust in this matter;
    yeah, there maybe global warming...I have no scientific facts to stand upon to argue either way. Thanks, pml for the references.
    It's been pretty chilly this spring here in wcentral WI.
    Whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Did your host throw you out after your answer?

    2. What was on the menu? It must have been great to get you to accept.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.