Saturday, April 02, 2011

USCCB Pro-Homosexual?



Is that why stats 'appear' to be showing that American Catholics are open to same-sex marriage?
.
I had the creepiest dream just as I was returning to the Church/Sacraments in my early 20's.  It took place in a large Gothic church during High Mass, many priests and bishops were celebrating, their backs to the congregation.  At communion time, emerging from a cloud of incense, the presiding bishop dressed in layers of ornate Gothic vestments and lace, turned and approached the communion rail, accompanied by numerous deacons and servers carrying candles.  As the entourage moved forward to give me the sacrament, I noticed the bishop and his assistants were wearing heavy make-up, and the fingernails on their bejeweled hands were long and polished.  Smiling salaciously, looking into my eyes, the bishop opened his cope to reveal a fetus, obviously to be consumed as communion.  I pulled back in horror.  That was a bad dream, but I think of that dream every time I read stories such as the following.
.
The USCCB and New Ways Ministry.
.
In his classic work New Lies For Old — The Communist Strategy of Deception and Disinformation, ex-KGB Soviet defector Anatoliy Golitsyn defines "strategic disinformation" as "a systematic effort to disseminate false information and to distort or withhold information so as to misrepresent the real situation, in, and policies of, the communist world and thereby to confuse, deceive, and influence the noncommunist world, to jeopardize its policies, and to induce Western adversaries to contribute unwittingly to the achievement of communist objectives." [1]
.
Over the last 40 years, a similar program of strategic disinformation and deception has been waged against faithful Catholics in America by the National Conference of Catholic Bishops/U.S. Catholic Conference (NCCB/USCC), known today as the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB).

.
From day one, with malice and forethought, the NCCB/USCC, a creature of the Second Vatican Council (although its roots go back to the pre-Conciliar era), has been systematically attacking and undermining Catholic dogma, faith, and morals, thereby creating a climate of confusion, deception, and apostasy among rank and file Catholics.

.
And there is no area in which the USCCB's disinformation program has been more successful than in the realm of Catholic sexual morality as it applies to homosexuality and pederasty — the main driving forces behind the clerical sex abuse scandal in AmChurch today. [2] - Finish reading here.
.
My comments:
.
This particular report depicts Cardinals and Bishops apparently in collusion with New Ways over the years, since its founding.  It also demonstrates the sleight-of-hand in switching of religious orders the two founders of New Ways, Jeanne Grammick and Robert Nugent, performed to remain active in gay ministries.  Is it credible?  I don't know, although as for the religious order shell game, it is not unknown that religious congregations and abbeys have frequently been a place of refuge for the homosexually inclined. 
.
While the Bishops have spoken out against New Ways, evidently they aren't saying enough, as the author notes regarding Cardinal George's statement earlier this February:  "Cardinal George's February news release issued by the USCCB Media Department was prompted by New Ways' attack on the Catholic Church for its opposition, limited as it was, to homosexual and lesbian "marriages."  It was a masterpiece of deception and disinformation." (ibid)  Engel comes close to calling the Cardinal a liar. 
.
That said, the article was written by Randy Engel. I honestly do not know who she is, but I noticed that she is the author of a book called The Rite of Sodomy.  Evidently in her book - as in this article, she makes some very provocative claims against some American Bishops. 

22 comments:

  1. Terry, if you google her name and Robert Sungenis, you'll find an interview where Robert Sungenis himself, geocentrist extraorindaire, says that this Ms. Engel is too traddy for his tastes. She apparently believes that sex in marriage is for the SOLE purpose of procreation, and is a firm opponent of John Paul II (and Humanae Vitae for that matter, I'd assume), and the idea that marital union has any spiritual / emotional component to it at all, and ir would seem that she thinks the church teaches that marital sex without explicit procreative intent is sinful or at least imperfect to some degree (it most certainly does not teach this - and thats on no less authority than sceral popes as well as Fr. Hardon, among others)I know this is a pet issue of mine, and I had read the interview a while back, and that's why the name sounded familiar.

    As to whether the article is true, the use if the word AmChurch and the dismissive attitude towards Vatican II rubs me the wrong way. But given this woman's other ideas, I'd trust it like I trust an article by Marian Horvat.

    As to whether there's a bunch of compromisers and fat cats in the USCCB - no doubt, but are we so naive as to think that disloyal, zeitgeist-influence bishops are a modern problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mercury - I suspected as much. The language against the bishops really took me by surprise.

    Your comment is excellent - I do not need to say any more on the subject. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny - I was reading her article this morning and immediately thought, "better head over to Terry's and see what he has to say."

    Randy Engels is an SSPX supporter and speaks at many of their conferences. As with anything she comes up with there is a grain of truth. Problem is - it's up to the reader to separate the chaff from the wheat - or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The funny thing is, Sungenis's article is pretty good, and I don't think he mentions "Jews!" even once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember when I sent you an E-mail asking you if you read her? Here she is. Adrienne and Mecury are right, I think. She seems extreme, but as I have read some of her stuff I have thought:this explains a lot. She call Bishop Wuerl "Donna Wuerl".

    She evem accuses Pope Benedict, if not out right being a homosexual, of at least calling into question his sexaul orientation, viz. "Gorgeous George". She said that he has been seen late at night with "Gorgeous George"in a black cassock! This is when I thought, she is nuts.I think we do, though have to ask, how has the Church been taken over by homosexuals? It did not happen without imprimatur from above. Sadly, I have come to terms with the fact that,in my lifttime, I will not see it corrected. It has created a kind of chronic grief for me. Anyway, I would still like to read the Rite of Sodomy--it is riciculously expensive. She probably had to self publish. Who would publish it and live? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. michael r.1:12 PM

    Where do you get this stuff???

    The dream is fascinating! It sounds like something Fellini or Bunuel would cook up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael: I KNOW!!! LOL. It is not easy returning to the Church,huh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria - that is right - you asked me about her once. Now I know.

    Michael - I've always wanted to paint that dream but it's much too complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know a homosexually inclined guy who made inappropriate advances during a monastery visit. He was invited never to return.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michael - I've always wanted to paint that dream but it's much too complicated.

    You're telling me, LOL!!! Terry: prophetic though, the death and degradation of human sexuality that came to us...

    ReplyDelete
  11. michael r.8:17 AM

    Nan, that's sad and disgusting. Even more disgusting, I know of homosexually inclined guys who have had inappropriate advances made on them during monastery visits. I also know of at least one diocesan priest who used to use the monastery visitors house to molest young men that he accompanied on retreat. Sick, sick, sick.

    ReplyDelete
  12. michael r, um, YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Satan has a home now in the Catholic Church. I am convinced that we must fast to drive him out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All such stories are disgusting of course, but let us not preten that Satan has not had a home on the Church for the past oh, 2000 years it so. Times are worse now than they have been at other times in the past, but I'd venture to say they are also better. Heck, we can be sure that things in the church are better than they were in the 70s.

    What I mean is that though I have no doubt the situation is grave, there have been several times inthe Church's history when things were as bad or worse. I would venture to say there has never been a time when less than fifty percent of bishops were self-serving worldlings. I would also challenge anyone to show me that homosexuality among monks an other celibates was not a problem at some time. The fact is that monasteries and groupings of celibates have always been subject to such vices - that's why saints throughout history have railed against such things.

    This woman is in seviceto herself and not the Church. For her interests, she must portray the bishops and the hierarchy of the church in as sordid a light as possible. Her agenda puts everything she says in jeopardy - there is no way on can trust anything she writes, even if truths are woven in with the lies and calumnies.

    In a way, I think it's almost vain to think we are loving in the worst epoch of Christian history. The Reformation, the Western Schism, the Renaissance popes, the 30 Years' War, the Arian heresy, the Cathars, Jansenism - these were times not just of doctrinal ambiguity among the faithful, but of widespread spinelessness and selling out among bishops, as well as times if widespread moral depravity among the clergy. If anything, the American Church of the late 19th / early 20th century was an exception in terms of doctrinal purity and strength of vocations, and things are more "normal" now.

    "the road to hell is paved with the skulls of bishops" - St. John Chrysostom was able to say that in the 4th century. I've heard Fr. Groeschel say that I we survived Judas, we can survive anything. :)

    Nihil sub sole novum.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mercury - great comments! Thanks. Tuesday is the feast of Vincent Ferrer and he preached the apocalypse at the time. Things are always bad as epochs change.

    ReplyDelete
  16. True enough, Mercury, there has always been corrpuption; however, when did Jesuits, in their history, or priests, for that matter, advocate homexuality as a virtue? The corruption has taken a new turn: now,it is not underground, it is priests urging us on to sin, in the public square, with impunity. Do you read America Magazine? If not, read it and weep.

    ReplyDelete
  17. If the Church is corrupt, the Mormons would love to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maria - I think you are correct in that never was homosexuality exalted as a virtue by churchmen. Today that is not the case.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thom, you realize that Mormons aren't Christians, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do indeed, Nan. Their theological "logic" is based on the Great Apostasy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Maria, you are right in that sense. This whole vice as virtue or as nature thing has really messed up the church in the West, and it is sad what has happened to the Jesuits. However, magazines like America, Commonweal, and the Tablet are losing the battle for the Church. They are foibg less people now than they did in the 70s, I think.

    At the same time, liberalism under Catholic auspices continues to do severe damage, affecting some people very close to me - and liberalized Catholics are harder to evangelize than those on the outside.

    But try living in Europe for a while and you will learn to thank God for the American church. I don't think Germany even had a reliable orthodox Catholic publication of note, nor tv shows nor websites, nothing. Try to get people to reenter the true Catholic faith when there's not even reliable and accessible material in their language (I mean I could give them the CCC, but it's not the easiest tool of evangelization).

    I'm not trying to butt heads, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stupid smart phone. "foibg" is "fooling", of course :)

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.