Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Thinking out loud: What if all the sane people were aborted?

I was just reading a piece claiming that 2.4 of the world's population has some form of Bipolar disorder:  "2.4 percent of the world's population may have some form of the disease, which is marked by bizarre shifts in mood, energy and activity that can affect relationships and job performance."
So if you are sometimes tempted to think everyone else is nuts, you may be right.
Or as Roseanne said about Charlie - "He makes me look sane."


  1. Your first lead-in question is a good one to ponder ... really.

    interesting for the topic posted ... my verification word - "diapsyc"

    dia = "passing through" or "going apart" or "opposed in moment"

    psyc[h] = "make nervous" or "to prepare psychologically"

  2. When some talking head was discussing Tom Cruise's alleged mental illness professing to know that TC was suffering a "nervous breakdown" I knew that I was dealing with a charlatan.

    In Communist countries anyone can be declared mentally ill, no matter how mad or sane they happen to be.

    If you're inconvenient to the party line, they'll find a way to marginalize you.

    And remember, according to the Comrade Bishops at the USCCB and the Soviet Union in you have a ^right^ to work.

  3. +JMJ+

    That would be really ironic for the eugenicists.

  4. I think I said that about LarryD once..


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.