Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sometimes when I write Christmas cards...



I like to write stuff that makes me laugh...
.
Case in point.
.
I received a funny Christmas card from an old, old, old, old friend who wrote: 
.
"Retirement is wonderful!  We closed up the beach house and spent a few months in Europe - we came back to the cities for a visit and stayed at our condo but didn't have time to call.  We returned to Long Beach and the weather is fabulous.  Perhaps we can get together next time we're in town.  Love, Clay and Dick!  'Ho! Ho! Ho!'"
.
These are the types of friends I like to exchange funny holiday cards with - Dick's card depicted a silly Santa cartoon, and so for my return card I chose a lovely little 1960's snap-shot card with a little kid and his doggie on it.  Anyway, this is what my note said:

"Dear Dickie and Clark!   My, my, my, my, my!  How retirement suits you both!  How wonderful you two -  galavanting arouind the world like Mr. and Mrs. Howe from Gilligan's Island!  How is Lovey these days?  Tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk!  I myself vacationed in Afghanastan this past summer, what a lovely time!  I'm in the process of adopting a monkey from South America - I'm learning Portugeuse so there won't be any language barrier.  I'll be out West this New Years!  I'm spending it with Gayle and Oprah and Stedman, and we'll be at the Striesand's for the 'ball drop' - I'll try to give a ring while I'm there.  Happy holidays!  Hugs for everyone darlings!  Terry"

Now what is more charming than to personalize your photo cards with a little cheery note or something?

Happy Holidays!
.
Photo title:  "She's still standing!"  Cathy's house last year.

8 comments:

  1. "I'm in the process of adopting a monkey from South America-I'm learning Portuguese so there won't be any language barrier."

    This is the kind of thing I'll remember at a most inappropriate time --and burst out laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah right. If that's Cathy's house, then where's the booze? Empty glasses? Last pic I saw of Cathy's house, I saw a cat draped across a table, passed out with his paws dangling from the side. This is not Cathy's house. You shouldn't write things that aren't true about other people;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! This is Cathy's old house... No? It's not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope. I don't think it's Cathy's old house either. Cathy's old house had a string of empty beer cans that she used as garland hanging in every room. Even the bathroom. And those "garlands" NEVER came down. Also, do you see any pictures of Joey Buttafuoco anywhere? I don't Cathy's real house is full of them (life-size poster, too!). :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Should say "...I know Cathy's real house is full of them..."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, don't you guys talk like you know me! *slurp*

    Hey, Ter, don't drink and write!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww this is pretty funny and hilarious!
    I love those funny Christmas card messages, humrous on them.
    I think I' gonna try that one this year.

    Happy holidays!
    Anne walker

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.