Friday, August 27, 2010

Fr. Euteneuer of Human Life International has announced his return to parish ministry.


"Father Euteneuer, leader of Human Life Int., asked by bishop to return to diocese..."
.
I came across the 'breaking' headline - albeit without link or follow up - on Spirit Daily.  The actual news is that Fr. Euteneuer of Human Life International is returning to parish ministry.  I found the complete story on Deacon For Life Blog, it is a letter by/from Fr. Euteneuer, explaining this new obedience in his ministry.
.
Dear Friends of Life:

Nearly ten years ago I answered the call of the Lord to come to Human Life International and work full-time in pro-life work with the permission of my bishop. I have been utterly privileged to serve this great mission for a decade, and now I am called back to my diocese to continue my priestly service in parish work, which was the original calling of my vocation. A priest is a soldier of Christ and the Church, and obedience is the primary virtue of his state in life, but for my part, my discernment about this decision tells me that this is the right thing for me to do and at the right time. I have great peace about the road that lies ahead and about all that has been accomplished up to this point.
.
I do not have a parish assignment in my diocese as of yet, but I hope to take some time out before I go back into full-time parish work. I expect that some time of rest and renewal will help me to make the transition. It has been 15 years since I last had any significant time for renewal, and after traveling more than 1.1 million miles, authoring two books, visiting 58 countries and making thousands of public appearances, I am ready for a break! I intend to continue to do pro-life work wherever I may be called to serve, and my bishop agrees that this is a vital charism of my priestly life. A true pro-lifer is not oriented to a job so much as to the daily task of fighting the culture of death and building the culture of life!
.
I ask for your kind prayers as I move forward and for your continued support of HLI and the new leadership that will come soon. I will not be a stranger to HLI's mission or life but I promise that I will remember each of you every day in the Eucharistic Sacrifice, the font of all unity and LIFE! - Full Letter.
.
It will be interesting to watch how much will be made of this story online.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:20 PM

    That's not a bad thing. He's from the Diocese of West Palm Beach. They need him there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine. I'd love him for my pastor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:37 PM

    I'd love him for my pastor too.Let's see how far is it to move to West Palm Beach !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've met him. He doesn't like nonsense.

    I asked him why an exorcist? and he said because he figured out one day that that is the root cause of abortions. Then he went on to tell me about possession and people who get posessed. His vocation totally creeped me out, I've secretly made penances and sacrafices for him. No one knows but you.

    He catches hell from many sides. I don't know how he can take it. Oh, the grace of God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am impressed. Good fruit will come of this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:19 PM

    I hope he can make the transition, sometimes, our lives take a hold of us, and we are swept along, sometimes, whether we want to go or not--I will pray for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:21 PM

    He's a great priest. God bless him and always, always protect him, as he works in His service. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fr. E. is a wonderful example of a priest who loves our Lord, His Church, and is a great man.
    God bless him!
    Mary keep him!
    His book on exorcism, which I have not yet read but hope to soon, is a great contribution to this whole issue; from the "excerpts", he gives a sound, faithful and pastoral (in the good sense!) understanding of the whole area of demonic obsession, possession and the ways to combat the Evil One.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LeoRufus8:15 AM

    So what's the REAL story? Sorry to be crass, but there is usually something more underneath public moves like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leo, your not being crass, only logical.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the real story, Father is being obedient to his bishop. In a diocese with a severe priest shortage and a growing Spanish-speaking population, his talents are desperately needed. He has been "on loan" to HLI for 10 years!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.