Saturday, June 05, 2010

Random photos of the yard

Terrible photos, I know - looks like I'm pretty shaky in the morning huh? Hung over or too much coffee - well since I no longer drink - it's gotta be the coffee - or the years have been that tough on me. So anyway, I'm just showing off my yard work and hedge trimming - I cut the pines way back to form a nice undulating hedgerow - but they need a couple of more years to be nicely level. The grass looks terrible - but I'll take care of that soon.

Anyway - the alley photo shows a mystery - several hosta are missing! Did someone steal them or did they winter kill? Even the new day lily I received from the Duchess of Idaho never came up. I blame the Asian lady down the block - she scavenges. I should do a post someday about my strange neighbors. There are only a couple I think are normal or cool - the others not so much.

(I had the flag out for Memorial Day.)
Posted by Picasa


  1. Obviously, the hostae disappeared because you didn't name them and provide them with protective eyewear.

    What a beautiful yard. How do you find the time, what with this being Pride month and all?

  2. +JMJ+

    You have a beautiful yard, Terry. =) My pitbull and I would love to hang out there, but your cats would probably run us out.

  3. wow...

    If you had a green yard like that here in Utah the cops would think you were growing dope...

    Only one of my hostas made it through the winter...but it was my favorite one :) I probably need to mulch more....

    Sunshiny and 80..:0 wonderful day for the Pride parade :)


  4. You funny too Sara! LOL! ;)

  5. Wonderful! Marie-Antoinette would have loved it!

  6. Aceman5:30 PM

    It is a beautiful yard Terry, honestly it is. I hope you've got the Rainbow Flag out for Pride Month. :-) Ace

  7. Lots of Rainbow Flags here today...

    Even the politicians marched..check the photo gallery.

    Yes..even in Utah...


  8. The Hosta's are beautiful, and a very nice trim job on the bushes--you can come and demonstrate your skill in my yard at any time :) What a beautiful and peaceful home you have.

  9. Dear Mr. Nelson,


    No shrine to Our Lady?

    I'm surprised you don't have one.


  10. Pablo - I do - I have one for St. Joseph - the patron of the house, and Our Lady. I'll post them another time for you to see. God bless!


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.