Sunday, May 30, 2010

"And he opened the bottomless pit..." - Book of Revelation 9:1-3

The Catastrophe in the Gulf of Mexico.
The wall paintings from Mt. Athos depicting scenes of the Apocalypse keep coming to mind each time I see footage of the oil leak in the gulf.  And as I read the text from the Book of Revelation the frescoes illustrate, I can't help but think of the volcanic activity taking place around the world as well.  Yet volcanic activity is natural... the oil leak is not. 
All the efforts to stop the leak have thus far failed
Art: Athos - Agion Oros: A Weblog about the Holy Mountain


  1. Anonymous12:22 PM

    Hello Terry,

    Whenever I watch the coverage of the oil leak, it brings to mind the following verse:

    The earth lies polluted under its inhabitants; for they have transgressed laws, violated the statutes, broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore a curse devours the earth; its inhabitants suffer for their guilt." (Isaiah 24:4-6).


  2. Excellent. Thanks John.

  3. I have been thinking of the same verses. Glad to find I am not alone.


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.